JOB/POSITION TITLE: Regional Director, Inland Empire
Date Revised: January 2018
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Supervises: Inland Empire Development Staff and Interns
Classification: (Full Time, Exempt)
Location: This position is based in our Riverside office
Salary: Negotiable, Based on Experience
Benefits include: Health and dental insurance, 401k program
How to apply: Send a COVER LETTER and resume (including 3 references and salary requirements) to email@example.com
(Use the subject line: “Regional Director, Inland Empire – your name") Applications accepted until 5 p.m. on February 9, 2018
Interviews will be conducted up until February 15, 018 in the Irvine office
Position will start February 15 or following depending on candidate selected.
No phone calls please.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Regional Director leads the strategic development and community relations efforts of the Inland Empire to achieve annual goals for Make-A-Wish Orange County and the Inland Empire. Director qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards current individual donors and corporate partners as well as new prospects. The Regional Director is expected to utilize a team approach to building long–term relationships with current and prospective donors to deepen their commitment to Make-A-Wish and understanding of our Chapter’s vision and priorities. This position requires strong fund development experience with cultivation of major gift individuals and corporate partnerships and the ability to represent Make-A-Wish in meetings and other public forums. Lead staff for Inland Empire Development Council and all events in Inland Empire.
General Job Description:
- Manage a Donor Portfolio of 100+ current and potential Inland Empire supporters to meet annual revenue goals by August 31 each year.
- Create and guide donor cultivation, solicitation, engagement and management of individual donors, corporate sponsorships and corporate community partners. Research and engage new donors/sponsors.
- Manage chapter participation in national corporate alliances as assigned.
- Develop and enhance corporate sponsorships, annual partnerships, and third party external events through strong interpersonal communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills. Create mutually beneficial partnerships for all supporters with a donor-centric fundraising approach.
- In collaboration with VP of Major Gifts, create and implement donor stewardship strategies using moves management to secure new individual donors in the Inland Empire and renew/upgrade as assigned.
- Lead Inland Empire’s Development Council supporting the achievement of annual fundraising goals. Provide regular communication to Inland Empire Development Council members for follow-up, engagement, cultivation and stewardship.
- Serve as the key face of MAWOCIE for the Inland Empire for Community Relations and Donor Development. Achieve introductions to key influencers; leveraging contacts for annual partnerships, sponsorships, Adopt-A-Wish donors, raffle/auction prizes for events and in-kind donations. Recruit new donors and volunteers, making presentations on behalf of Make-A-Wish to professional associations, community and business groups to increase visibility, medical outreach and revenue generation and connecting them to the appropriate Make-A-Wish staff lead when applicable. Serve as MAW representative at chambers of commerce.
- Collaborate with Events & Campaign Manager on internal Inland Empire events including Swish Madness event including logistics, sponsorships, volunteers, communications, and stewardship of event.
- Supervise Development staff and manage and oversee interns as they are requested and/or assigned to projects
- Maintain appropriate records in Raiser’s Edge database. Analyze donor data from Raiser’s Edge to determine the best stewardship options to increase giving in the future.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Development Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in fundraising: annual giving, major giving and corporate giving or like professional skills. Extensive donor/client relationship management required.
- Demonstrated success in building and managing donor/client relationships, accessing and analyzing donor data, and creating programs and tools for donor stewardship and engagement.
- Strong experience leading and influencing supporters to action. Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, donors, and volunteers. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. Proficiency of Spanish language (oral and written) is preferred.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Inland Empire communities (Riverside, San Bernardino, Palm Springs and Coachella Valley)
- Proven ability to manage multiple, deadline-driven projects and responsibilities while partnering with internal and external teams.
- Must be a positive role model and collaborative team player who maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and fundraising database management skills, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Requires ability to travel to venues, donors and events
- Requires ability to work flexible work schedule, with occasional evening or weekend fundraising events
- Occasional travel to Irvine headquarter office for staff/development meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.