San Bernardino County Museum Association, Redlands, CA.
Administrative Assistant Job Opening
The San Bernardino County Museum Association is hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant.
Founded in 1954, SBCMA is a private, nonprofit organization, which “solicits, manages, and distributes funds, engages in programs, and advocates for the benefit of the San Bernardino County Museum and its mission.” The Association is responsible for managing the Museum’s membership program, grant writing, special events (including an annual gala), and fundraising.
Located at the San Bernardino County Museum in Redlands, the position pays $18 per hour for 28-32 hours per week.
Under general supervision of the Executive Committee of the SBCMA, the Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director for daily operations and performs a wide variety of administrative, fiscal, and SBCMA program tasks to support programs and activities of SBCMA. The Administrative Assistant will manage the Membership Program and database. The position is responsible for all donor-related/fundraising events including, but not limited to, planning and organization, set-up, breakdown, catering, and volunteer management. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director, committees, personnel from the County Museum, and with outside vendors.
This is a part time position that requires flexible hours and some evening and weekend responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, special event experience, and knowledge of Excel, Quickbooks, and fundraising software. Professional or volunteer museum or nonprofit experience is a plus.
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversees the SBCMA membership program including renewals, recruitment and retention, and data ob Descriptionmanagement.
2. Assists the Executive Director in overseeing and reviewing check payments, ACH transfers and deposits utilizing Quick Books.
3. Assists the Executive Director with event planning and management including volunteer recruitment for events such as the annual Bucky Ball, members’ previews, donor receptions and dinners, and Dome Talks receptions.
4. Provides administrative support in the development of programs and events to raise funds for the SBCMA and the County Museum.
5. Provides administrative support for SBCMA annual audits.
6. Creates and maintains records for each SBCMA event, including sponsorship information, rental agreements, permits to sell alcohol, and other records as directed.
7. Maintains inventory of office supplies and other supplies for various SBCMA events; processes orders for each supply as needed.
8. Assists the Executive Director in the coordination and management of fundraising efforts such as the End of Year appeal and Give Big/Giving Tuesday.
9. Provides status reports to SBCMA Board of Directors as assigned by the Executive Director.
10. Performs other administrative tasks for special projects as assigned.
11. Provides vacation coverage, temporary relief, and other duties as required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Maggie Latimer, SBCMA Executive Director