Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board (IFHMB) is a private non-profit agency that provides free services to low and moderate income individuals. IFHMB provides services through the following programs: fair housing, landlord/tenant, housing counseling, and mediation services. Our main office is located in Ontario, California.
IFHMB is seeking a Development Director to create, manage, and oversee all fundraising activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a strategic fundraising plan for the organization.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Draft high-quality letters of inquiry and proposals to foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Track results, evaluate, and manage progress toward short-term and long-term goals.
- Gather and prepare all ancillary materials to accompany grants.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Work with staff to prepare content for grant proposals.
- Work with current and potential funders to identify areas of funding support.
- Meet with partner nonprofits to discuss possible collaborative projects.
- Manage and maintain the donor database.
- Develop and implement mail/e-mail/social media fundraising campaigns.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by a supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer communication skills
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- 5+ years of grant writing/fundraising experience in non-profit development with proven success in raising funds
- Foundation relationships desirable
- Track record of working with boards of directors and major institutional donors.
- Familiarity with fundraising software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Record as results-oriented effective collaborator and communicator.
- Commitment to IFHMB’s mission and values.
To apply send a letter of interest, resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com