Job Title: Coordinator of Donor Stewardship
Division: University Advancement
Reports To: Associate Vice President for University Advancement
Salary: To be determined
Hours / Months: 40 Hours /12 months
Revision Update: November 2019
SUMMARY: The Coordinator of Donor Stewardship will be responsible for developing and implementing standards and procedures that support the fundraising activities of the Office of University Advancement at California Baptist University. This comprehensive strategic stewardship program will include the coordination and oversight of CBU’s administration and stewardship of all donor-funded scholarships, annual stewardship reports, and assisting with donor recognition events throughout the year
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain records for current donor-funded accounts, including scholarships and program support
- Oversee Blackbaud Award Management scholarship application and awarding process.
- Coordinate with the Office of Financial Aid and the individual Colleges/programs the scholarship distribution from donor-supported scholarships including the application, awarding, and thank you card writing processes for all student recipients.
- Manage and monitor budgetary expenses for internal donor-funded accounts.
- Create, implement and direct a comprehensive and strategic university-wide stewardship program acknowledging all supporters to the University.
- Responsible for coordinating with Accounting department to ensure all endowment accounts are created and reconciled annually
- Remain up-to-date on current best practices for scholarship awarding and donor stewardship trends through continual education via webinar and online learning.
- Assist with university-wide donor stewardship activities and events including the Bell Tower Society (BTS) dinner, various BTS receptions at athletic events and theater productions throughout the year, in conjunction with the Associate Director of Signature Events.
- Present a positive and supportive image of University Advancement, California Baptist University, and Christian Higher Education.
- Will be responsible for the development of a annual strategic plan and meeting and/or exceeding determined goals.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High level skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Microsoft excel and mail merges. Experience with Blackbaud BBNC and Award Management software preferred.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Skill in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard, typewriter or other office equipment. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards.
CBU EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of CBU’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to California Baptist University's Employee Handbook.