Director of Foundation Relations
Cal Poly Pomona is among the top public universities in the U.S. and ranked 2nd best in the West. As a leading modern polytechnic, located at the epicenter of LA, Orange and Riverside counties, we provide our graduates with an education that makes them ready to succeed from day one.
Faculty in all disciplines put the “learn by doing” ethos into practice, providing students with opportunities to apply their passion through hands-on projects, research collaborations, and valuable partnerships with industry. Our 160,000 alumni represent leaders in the fields of architecture, engineering, business, agriculture, hospitality, science, and cybersecurity.
Located on the rolling hills of the former W.K. Kellogg Ranch, our history, geography, and impact are unlike any other university in the region.
A strong foundation of supporters is essential in building excellence and making a lasting difference. University Development is charged with engaging the southern California community around topics that are meaningful to them and their businesses. We build the relationships necessary to fund the vision of a nationally recognized polytechnic university.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Central Development, the Director of Foundation Relations (DFR) position is a university-wide, central report advancement professional. The DFR will oversee and manage mutually beneficial foundation relationships for advancing the mission and priorities of the University. The DFR will identify, research, analyze prospective foundation partners, and develop relationships to execute cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies. The DFR assists and strategizes with administration across colleges and departments in developing and writing letters of intent, proposals, and reports to secure major gifts and awards.
- Cal Poly Pomona is located in the heart of southern California, with close access to beaches, mountains, dining, shopping, entertainment, downtown Los Angeles and Disneyland.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans at low cost to employees.
- Employees receive 13 paid holidays and one personal holiday in addition to paid vacation and sick leave
- Opportunities for training and professional development.
- Tuition fee waiver program for employees and dependents.
- Generous CalPERS retirement plan.
- Additional tax-deferred investment options (403b, 457, 401k).
- On-campus Children’s Center for children ages 2 to 5. Employees receive priority admission.
- Opportunities for access to state-of-the-art gym facilities and an outdoor pool.
- Pre-tax health and dependent care reimbursement accounts.
- Alternative transportation options include Rideshare matching, vanpools, buses, and shuttles to the Metrolink train station.
Please click on the following link to view the job description in detail and to apply for the position online: