Sr DOD, Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture (MPP II)
About Our Team
The Division of University Advancement’s primary purpose is to enhance the private support and knowledge of the university. University Development manages a comprehensive fundraising programs, events, and activities that encourages the involvement of alumni, friends, parents, corporations, and foundations to develop relationships which lead to increased financial support and involvement with the University. University Advancement manages the operational, financial and volunteer requirements of the Cal Poly Pomona Philanthropic Foundation.
Who We’re Looking For:
Cal Poly Pomona is seeking a working leader that will advance meaningful programs in the Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture! This seasoned development officer will have a strong background in philanthropy, engage in stewardship activities, and continue to cultivate relationships with donors and prospects. Having excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, ability to multi-task, and experience in Higher Education is a plus!
Plan and implement a successful major gift development program for the Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture
- Working with the Dean of the Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture and reporting to the Senior AVP for University Development, develop and implement a strategic plan that identifies the resource needs of the College and articulates DOD activities assigned to meet College developmental goals.
- Research and prepare materials for face to face cultivation and solicitation of assigned prospects. Provide stewardship to existing donors and friends to keep them informed of key priorities and activities for both the College and the University.
- Travel as appropriate to meet with prospects and donors as part of a strategic plan of development for each of those individuals and work to establish relationships with area employers, corporations, and foundations, and pursue funding opportunities (via asks and proposal submissions) whenever possible.
- The SDOD will work with colleagues on and off campus to cultivate and secure major gifts. The DOD, in conjunction with campus leadership, may undertake some of the activities typically part of a capital campaigns (major donor prospecting, screening, contact, etc; the development of volunteer development committees; and segmenting fundraising activities in order to determine various naming and recognition opportunities).
- On a weekly basis, integrate College development activities with university-wide advancement programs and assets, including Alumni Affairs, Prospect Research, Gift Processing, Annual Fund activities, Planned Giving, university events, foundation and corporate outreach, and the like. Work as a team with other college staff focused on development objectives.
University Advancement and Campus-Wide Participation.
- The SDOD is a vital member of the University Advancement team. As a development professional, the SDOD will work with advancement colleagues to envision campus-wide development goals, initiatives, events, campaigns, and protocols.
- In addition to providing primary focus on the development objectives and needs of the college, the SDOD will assist with general university donor cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship. In this regard, the SDOD will actively participate with the university advancement team to attract additional campus support important for all colleges, schools and programs, such as support for scholarships, technology acquisition, capacity-building, marketing and outreach, and support for areas of greatest need.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as a development professional. Demonstrated participation in a development/advancement organization (CASE, APRA, NSFRE, AFA etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required effectively with a variety of constituents, including high-profile leaders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, on and off campus, serving in a leader role, and a liaison /representative of the College, Division, and the university.
- Must demonstrate accepted business and professional etiquette in all dealings with constituents and colleagues.
- Advanced degree preferred
- Familiarity with contemporary state and national issues and trends related to agriculture in a university environment.
- Experience working in a higher education or non-profit setting preferred.
- Demonstrated participation in development/advancement organizations such as CASE, APRA, NSFRE, and AFP. Certified Fund Raising Executive credential preferred.
Why Join Us?
- Anticipated hiring range: $115,000 – $120,000 per year
- Excellent benefits
- CalPERS Retirement Plan
- Educational benefits for qualifying dependents
- Income protection benefits
- Paid leave programs
- Fee Waiver program
To see the full job description and to apply for this role, visit our CPP Careers at: https://www.cpp.edu/jobs/index.shtml
For questions regarding this position or the benefits of joining Cal Poly Pomona University, please contact John Gungon at: email@example.com.
Cal Poly Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status.